33 C
Mumbai
Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Home Education 47% seats still vacant in Punjab B.Ed. colleges - Times of India

47% seats still vacant in Punjab B.Ed. colleges – Times of India

PATIALA: Colleges providing B.Ed. programs in Punjab are going through a disaster with solely 52.7% seats of seats crammed after the ultimate-spherical of counselling for admissions. The centralized counselling for admission to the B. Ed. course for the present session in all colleges of training affiliated to Panjab University Chandigarh, Punjabi University Patiala and Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar was not too long ago carried out by Punjabi University, Patiala.

Professor Gurpreet Singh Lehal, co-coordinator of B. Ed. Counselling, revealed that 12743 college students had utilized for 21088 seats accessible in 212 colleges in Punjab providing B.Ed. course and solely 11113 seats had been crammed on the finish of the ultimate spherical of counselling, leaving 9975 (47.30%) of the seats vacant. Even the 5 authorities colleges, that are extremely in demand, have 29.25% seats vacant. The 15 authorities-aided colleges with 2350 seats have 44.42% vacant seats, whereas 48.06% seats of the 18,338 seats supplied by 192 personal colleges couldn’t be crammed.

Prof. Lehal additional disclosed that 4 colleges together with Nancy College of Education, Malwa College of Education, Asra College of Education and Ram Asra College of Education providing 87 seats every for counselling couldn’t admit any candidate. Similarly, round 27 colleges couldn’t admit greater than 25% college students and 92 colleges have greater than 50% seats vacant.

Batala College of Education is the one school which was capable of fill all its 87 seats supplied for counselling. Other colleges which had crammed greater than 95% of seats are Innocent Hearts College of Education Jalandhar, Aman Bhalla College of Education Pathankot, Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa College of Education, Dasuya and Lilly Swords Methodist College of Education, Batala. Overall 12 personal colleges had been capable of admit greater than 90% college students.

Interestingly despite the fact that the federal government colleges had been initially in nice demand, however none of them may fill greater than 75% of their seats. For occasion, 325 candidates had opted for his or her first alternative for the 100 seats accessible in Government State College of Education, Patiala, however solely 75 lastly took admission in the faculty, leaving 25% of the seats vacant. The B. Ed. Course is extra well-liked amongst women with 86.38% of the candidates taking admission being women.

Jasraj Kaur, coordinator of B.Ed. Counselling stated that the colleges have been given the liberty to replenish vacant seats on their very own by January 27 this 12 months, giving desire to the candidates who had already registered with Punjabi University Patiala for admission.

The on-line counselling was carried out easily in a totally clear method by the technical group at Punjabi University, Patiala led by its college workers together with Gurpreet Singh Lehal, Tejinder Singh Saini, Ankur Rana and Jasbir Singh.



Source link

Most Popular

EnglishGujaratiHindiMarathiUrdu