As a part of the Republic Day Celebration, the Beating Retreat Ceremony will likely be held at Vijay Chowk on Friday, January 29. The Delhi Traffic Police has issued an advisory concerning the visitors preparations and restrictions in place to facilitate the sleek conduct of the Beating Retreat Ceremony.
The following visitors restrictions will likely be put in place on January 29 from 2 pm to 9.30 pm.
- Vijay Chowk will stay closed for common visitors.
Traffic won’t be allowed on the next stretches:-
– Rafi Marg between R/A Sunehri Masjid and R/a Krishi Bhawan.
– Raisina Road from R/a Krishi Bhawan in direction of Vijay Chowk.
– Beyond R/a Dara Shikoh Road, R/a Krishna Menon Marg and R/A Sunehri Masjid in direction of Vijay Chowk.
– Rajpath between Vijay Chowk and “C” hexagon.
- General public/motorist are suggested to take alternate routes i.e Ring Road, Ridge Road, Aurobindo Marg, Madarsa ‘T’ Point, Safdarjung Road, Kamal Ataturk Marg, Rani Jhansi Road, Minto Road and many others.
Diversions for Buses
DTC and different metropolis buses shall be diverted from their regular routes from 2 pm to 9.30 pm on January 29 to facilitate the autos of invitees and spectators and to keep away from visitors congestion on roads around the venue of the ceremony and India Gate.
- Buses certain for Central Secretariat and Connaught Place coming from Shanti Path – Vinay Marg – Sardar Patel Marg will take Panchsheel Marg – Simon Boliver Marg – Vande Matram Marg – R/a Shankar Road – Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Road.
- Buses certain for Central Secretariat will terminate at Udyan Marg and return through Kali Bari Marg – Mandir Marg – Shankar Road.
- Connaught Place certain buses will take Mandir Marg – Kali Bari Marg – G.P.O.- Baba Khadak Singh Marg and attain Connaught Place & return through Bhagat Singh Marg – Peshwa Road – Mandir Marg – Shankar Road and Vende Matram Marg.
- Buses coming from South Delhi on Tughlak Road and certain for Connaught Place/ Central Secretariat will likely be diverted from Aurobindo Chowk to Safdarjung Road – Kamla Ataturk Marg – Panchsheel Marg – Simon Boliver Marg and observe the route as talked about at Serial No. 1.
- Buses coming to Mandi House and Feroz Shah Road and continuing to Connaught Place through Barakhmaba Road will terminate at Shivaji Stadium and return through Kasturba Gandhi Marg/ Barakhmaba Road.
- Connaught Place certain buses approaching Shahjahan Road will proceed to Shivaji Stadium through Aurobindo Chowk – Safdarjung Road – Kamal Ataturk Marg – Panchsheel Marg and past.
- Buses certain for Old Delhi Railway Station, Red Fort and ISBT Kashmiri Gate coming from South facet will take Ring Road from AIIMS in direction of Dhaula Kuan after which Ridge Road, Rani Jhansi Road.
- Buses certain from Old Delhi Railway Station, Red Fort and ISBT Kashmiri Gate coming from Ashram facet will take Ashram Chowk – Ring Road in direction of Sarai Kale Khan and proceed additional through Raj Ghat.
- Buses coming from Old Delhi Railway Station, Red Fort, Kashmiri Gate and certain for South and South East will take Delhi Gate – Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg – Rajghat – Ring Road – Sarai Kale Khan – Ashram Chowk.
- Buses coming from Vikas Marg and certain for South will take Ring Road – Sarai Kale Khan – Ashram Chowk.
- Buses coming from Connaught Place through Kasturba Gandhi Marg in direction of India Gate will take Minto Road – DDU Marg – I.P.Flyover – Ring Road – Sarai Kale Khan.
Entry/ Exit gates at Rail Bhawan and Udyog Bhawan/Central Secretariat Metro Station will stay closed from 2 pm to six.30 pm on January 29.
Parking will likely be accessible for these coming to see illumination at Vijay Chowk behind the water channels between Rafi Marg and “C” Hexagon (after 7PM)
Instructions to General Public
In case of any unidentified object or suspicious individuals being seen, data have to be conveyed to the closest policeman on responsibility.
General public and motorists are suggested to maintain persistence, observe visitors guidelines and highway self-discipline and observe instructions of visitors personnel and stay up to date by Traffic Police Facebook web page, Twitter deal with and Traffic Police Helpline. People are requested to plan their journey accordingly to keep away from inconvenience.