Jhajha is one other vital constituency out of the 71 meeting seats going to polls in the primary part of elections in Bihar. The Bharatiya Janata Party and Janata Dal(United), which have been operating the Bihar authorities collectively since 2017, contested as rivals in 2015 with BJP popping out as the winner.

This yr, the highest contenders are Damodar Raut from the JD(U) and Rabindra Yadav from Chirag Paswan-led Lok Janshakti Party (LJP). A complete of 315,691 folks will solid their votes, together with 166,654 males, 149,035 girls and two transgenders, on October 28 to determine the destiny of the candidates in the fray.

In the 2015 meeting elections, BJP secured a majority and received the Jhajha constituency by 65,537 votes and a 40.04% vote share. Whereas, the JD(U) got here second with 43,451 votes and vote share of 26.55%.

The JD(U), which has been related to the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) since its inception in 2003, break up forward of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections after Narendra Modi, the then chief minister of Gujarat, was introduced as the prime ministerial candidate. In April 2015, the JD(U) together with the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), Indian National Lok Dal (INLD), Samajwadi Party (SP) and Samajwadi Janata Party introduced that they might kind an alliance to oppose the BJP and in addition go away the United Progressive Alliance (UPA).

Click here for complete coverage of the Bihar Assembly Election 2020

But this didn’t occur and as a consequence, the SP was supplied solely three seats in the 2015 elections, forcing it to stop the alliance. The JD(U) then fought the election with the RJD and Congress and this newly-formed alliance received 178 seats and Nitish Kumar turned the chief minister. However, in 2017, JD(U) reunited with the BJP.

The Jhajha meeting constituency, which is positioned in Bihar’s Jamui district, can also be part of the Jamui parliamentary seat. According to the census of 2011, from a complete inhabitants of almost 470,000 – 11.11% belong to the city part whereas the remainder 88.89% come from rural areas. According to 2019’s voter record, there are 315,188 electorates and 336 polling stations in this constituency. Voter turnout in the 2015 elections was round 54% and it shot as much as virtually 57% in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.

Voting for the constituency will happen on October 28. Counting shall be completed on November 10 and outcomes shall be declared on the identical day.

Polling for the second and third phases of the Bihar Assembly Election 2020 shall be held on November 3 and November 7, respectively. The second part will see voting in 94 constituencies and 78 constituencies will ballot in the third and last part of this election. Results for all phases shall be out on November 10.

Source link