Home NEWS Bihar Assembly election 2020: LJP faces tough challenge from RJD in Chakai

Bihar Assembly election 2020: LJP faces tough challenge from RJD in Chakai

The first part of Bihar Assembly elections will happen on October 28. There are 71 constituencies in this part the place voters will train their franchise. One of those is Chakai, a part of Jamui Lok Sabha constituency.

Top contenders in this constituency in 2020 are Sanjay Prasad from the Janata Dal (United), Savitri Devi from the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) and Sanjay Kumar Mandal from the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP). The LJP is combating this election alone and has centered its total marketing campaign on dethroning Nitish Kumar. Its chief Chirag Paswan is the Lok Sabha MP from Jamui.

According to the 2011 census, Chakai constituency has a inhabitants of 445,633 out of which 98.69% of the individuals belong to rural areas whereas the remaining 1.31% are from the city pockets. Chakai, amongst a number of different constituencies in Bihar, lies in the Naxal-affected space.

This time, the citizens power stands at 286,739 comprising 152,176 males, 134,549 ladies and 14 transgenders.

Click here for complete coverage of the Bihar Assembly Election 2020

Voting for Chakai will happen on Wednesday and counting of votes and declaration of outcomes might be on November 10.

In the 2015 meeting elections, RJD’s Savitri Devi received the constituency with 47,064 votes after defeating impartial candidate Sumit Kumar Singh, who secured 34,951 votes. The LJP had secured third place. The voter share in Chakai stood at 56%.

A notable function about this constituency is that the JD(U) and RJD are instant rivals this 12 months. But in 2015, each events fought the election collectively as a part of the Mahagathbandhan and received 178 constituencies out of the full 243.

Also Read: Bihar Assembly Election 2020: BJP, JD(U) contested as rivals in 2015 in Jhajha constituency

However, variations emerged between the RJD and the JD(U) and the latter ended its affiliation with the grand alliance after 20 months. It got here again to the NDA fold in 2017.

Polling for the primary part of the Bihar meeting election might be on Wednesday. The second part which has essentially the most variety of constituencies (94) will go to voting on November 3. The third and last part will witness polling in 78 constituencies on November 7. Counting of votes for all phases might be carried out on November 10 and outcomes might be declared on the identical day.

Source link

View More

Most Popular

Pro Kabaddi League postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic

Season 8 of Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) has been postponed due to Coronavirus pandemic, the organisers introduced on the league web...

Inter-school National Crossword finals on Dec 5- 6 – Times of India

Inter-school National Crossword finals on Dec 5- 6 PATNA: The two-day grand finale of the annual inter-college nationwide CCCC Cryptic Crossword Contest (CCCC) 2020 might...

Kunal Kemmu gifts himself a BMW superbike

Kunal will subsequent be seen in sequel to the 2013 Zombie hit, Go Goa Gone and Rohit Shetty's Golmaal 5. He...

MCC offers remedy to ‘inconsistent’ bills

MCC offers remedy to ‘inconsistent’ bills The Mysuru City Corporation has supplied to rectify any discrepancies within the water bills if the customers method it...

Neom | The city of the Prince

When Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu flew to Saudi Arabia to meet Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman final week, the location chosen for the...

Unilateralism is hurting global financial system, says Prabhu

Nations have to work collectively now. India’s Sherpa to the G7 and G20 Suresh Prabhu has mentioned that the rising tendency amongst nations to border...

EPL: Mahrez scores hat-trick as Manchester City thrash Burnley 5-0 yet again | Football News – Times of India

EPL: Mahrez scores hat-trick as Manchester City thrash Burnley 5-0 yet again | Football News MANCHESTER: Riyad Mahrez scored a hat-trick as Manchester...

Testing error: NMMC suspends nodal officer

The Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation (NMMC) on Friday suspended Dr. Sachin Nemane, the nodal officer in-charge of conducting antigen checks, following an information entry...

Now, Rabri Devi dubs Nitish as ‘warrior of sophistry’

Now, Rabri Devi dubs Nitish as 'warrior of sophistry' A day after RJD chief Tejashwi Yadav took a dig at Nitish Kumar and provoked him...

Bigg Boss 14 : मानी जा रही थी जीत की दावेदार लेकिन एलिमिनेशन ने फैंस को दिया झटका, जानिए कौन हुई घर से बेघर?

Bigg Boss 14 : मानी जा रही थी जीत की दावेदार लेकिन एलिमिनेशन ने फैंस को दिया झटका, जानिए कौन हुई घर से बेघर?
EnglishGujaratiHindiMarathiUrdu