A boy believed to be aged between 10 and 12 was electrocuted while playing with an iron ladder close to a store at Sector 8 in Airoli on Monday.
According to the police, the incident occurred round 9 a.m. when the sufferer, who’s but to be recognized, was attempting to maneuver the ladder when it got here in touch with the overhead high-tension wire. The boy was charred to loss of life.
Officials from the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Corporation Limited (MSEDCL) and the fireplace brigade reached the spot. “The MSEDCL officials switched off the power supply and removed the ladder,” senior police inspector Yogesh Gawade from Rabale police station mentioned.
Mr. Gawade mentioned the ladder was saved there by a spectacles store who was planning a renovation. “The ladder was outside the shop. CCTV footage from a nearby shop showed that the boy pulled the ladder out and was moving it to and fro with an intention to play with it. We are awaiting a report from the fire department and the MSEDCL. If negligence is found, we will register an FIR,” Mr. Gawade mentioned.
The police consider that the boy could possibly be a hawker who offered small articles close to a site visitors sign. “He was carrying a bag with some articles in it, which have been burnt beyond recognition. We are inquiring in the slums at Sectors 4 and 19 to find some clue about the boy,” assistant police inspector Dattatrey Shine from Rabale police station mentioned.