Bulandshahr rape victim demise, her family gets security cover

The family members and the village of a teenage rape sufferer who woman died Tuesday after allegedly being set ablaze by the rapist’s family within the Jahangirabad space of UP’s Bulandshahr district, have been offered security, officers mentioned Wednesday.

The woman was allegedly set on the hearth by the accused’s family after they did not persuade her family to go for a compromise within the rape case, officers mentioned.

Bulandshahr district Justice of the Peace Ravindra Kumar mentioned that security was offered to the woman’s family as they feared a menace to their lives from supporters of the accused. The police have arrested 5 out of the seven individuals named by the woman’s family of their criticism. Raids had been on to arrest the remaining two, he added. The police had registered a case of homicide in opposition to seven family members of the rape accused and their supporters on the criticism of the woman’s family on Tuesday night.

The district Justice of the Peace mentioned fast compensation of Rs 3.75 lakh was paid to the family underneath the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act and additional compensation can be launched as per the legislation.

Kumar and senior superintendent of police S Ok Singh visited the aggrieved family on Wednesday. Kumar mentioned the family demanded ample security and requested preparations to deliver the physique to the village for the final rites.

The DM mentioned officers had been in contact with authorities on the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital in New Delhi the place the woman died throughout therapy on Tuesday night.

“An ambulance has been kept ready in the hospital to bring the body to the village immediately after the post-mortem examination,” mentioned Kumar.

He additional mentioned the SSP had made “adequate” security preparations for the final rites.

Three of the accused had been arrested on Tuesday and two on Wednesday.

An orchard caretaker had allegedly raped the woman on August 15 and the police had arrested him the identical day. His family members had been pressuring the woman’s family for a compromise ever since. The uncle of the jailed rape accused reportedly set the woman afire on Tuesday morning after they did not persuade the family for a compromise.

The woman succumbed to burns on late Tuesday night.

Source link