CBSE class 12 English sample paper: The CBSE board exams are one of the vital anticipated moments of a scholar’s scholastic life. This 12 months, the CBSE twelfth boards are all of the extra particular contemplating your complete session has been held on-line as a result of pandemic and exams shall be offline. CBSE has not solely lowered the syllabus by 30 per cent however has additionally modified the examination sample by rising conceptual-based questions in step with the NEP.
Read | CBSE Class 12 datesheet
It is vital to resolve the sample papers primarily based on the brand new examination sample. If you’re a class 12 scholar, making ready for the CBSE English examination, here’s a sample paper primarily based on new examination sample for you.
By: Ms Ruby Hore
Class – XII
Subject:English Time Allowed: 3Hrs.
Date: Maximum Marks:80
- This paper is split into two elements: A and B. All questions are obligatory.
- Separate directions are given with every part and query, wherever vital. Read these directions very rigorously and comply with them.
- Do not exceed the prescribed phrase restrict whereas answering the questions.
Part A (40 Marks) READING (20 marks)
- Read the next passage and tick the best choice: (1×10=10Marks)
Through human historical past, climate has altered the march of occasions and brought about some mighty cataclysms. Since Columbus didn’t know the place he was going or the place he had arrived when he acquired there, the winds actually deserve almost as a lot credit score as he for the invention of America. Ugly westerlies helped flip the 1588 Spanish Armada away from England in a limping panic. Napoleon was carried out in twice by climate: as soon as by the snow and chilly that pressured his fearful retreat from Moscow,laterbytherainthatbedevilledhimatWaterlooandcausedVictorHugo to write down: “A few drops of water … an unseasonable cloud crossing the sky, sufficed for the overthrow of a world.” In 1944 the Allied invasion of Normandy was made doable by a slender interval of fairly good climate between the unhealthy. It was so slender, in actual fact, that Supreme Allied Commander Dwight Eisen how later expressed gratitude to”the gods of conflict”. Paganism dies exhausting.
Every 12 months brings recent reminders of the climate’s energy over human life and occasions within the type of horrifying tornadoes, hurricanes and floods. These depart behind forgettable statistics and unforgettable photographs of devastated cities and battered humanity that may solely humble folks within the face of such wrath. Farmers usually undergo probably the most, from the drought and plagues of biblical occasions to the hailstorms or fast freezes that even immediately can wipe out complete crops in minutes. Icy assaults function reminders of the inescapable vulnerability of life and social well-being to the whims of the climate. And historical past is full of reminders of far worse. The climate, for instance, provoked a serious social dislocation within the United States within the 1930’s when it turned a lot of the South-west into the Dust Bowl.
No marvel, then, that man’s nice dream has been some day to regulate the climate. The first step towards management, in fact, is information, and scientists have been exhausting at work for years making an attempt to maintain monitor of the climate. The United States and different nations have created a world equipment that maintains some 100000 stations to test the climate around the clock in each sector of the globe and, with satellites, in a great deal of the greater than 16 billion cubic kilometres of the environment. With computer systems on faucet and digital eyes within the sky, trendy man has thus come far in coping with the climate, alternately his nemesis and benefactor. Yet man’s predicament immediately is just not too far faraway from that of his distant ancestors. For all of the advances of scientific forecasting, despite the hundreds of each day bulletins and advisories that get flashed about, the climate continues to be in the end capricious and unpredictable. Man’s dream of controlling it’s nonetheless simply that – a dream.
1. The author is of the opinion that Columbus
- didn’t uncover America.
- stole the credit score for the invention of America from another person.
- doesn’t should be often known as the person who found America.
- was not conscious he had found America.
2. According to the passage, what helped the Allies to hold out a profitable invasion of Normandy in1944?
- It was a spell of unhealthy climate.
- It was a brief interval of pretty good climate.
- It was good climate adopted by unhealthy climate.
- It was the wonderful climate situations.
3. What is the primary subject of the primary paragraph?
- It is the event of historical past as much as trendy occasions.
- It is the half climate performed within the progress of occasions in
- It is the best way destiny influenced the result of occasions in
- It is the concept success in all previous undertakings relied on the climate.
4. In the second paragraph climate is seen as
- a capricious and an unpredictable power.
- man’s benefactor.
- man’s chief enemy.
- a robust destroyer of human life and property.
5. How did the climate trigger nice upheaval in America a number of many years in the past?
- It devastated cities within the type of tornadoes, hurricanes and floods.
- It destroyed crops within the type of hailstorms and fast freezes.
- It turned chilly so all of the sudden that it caught hundreds of thousands of
- It created a big space of arid land from which individuals needed to transfer
6. How can man cease being a sufferer of the whims of the climate?
- He should discover methods to
- He should be taught all he can about it.
- He should be taught to dwell
- He should shield himself towards it.
7. In order to have the ability to management the climate man should first
- know methods to escape from it.
- be capable to manipulate it.
- has the climate underneath management.
- continues to be removed from with the ability to management the climate.
- has made no advance in any way in the direction of the management of climate.
- can forecast the climate with nice accuracy.
9. What does ‘predicament’ imply? (Para3)
- Both A &B.
- None of the above
10. Choose the phrase/ phrases which is/ are nearest in that means to – cataclysm (Para1)
- All the above
2. Read the next passage and tick the best choice : (1×10=10Marks)
- When one other outdated cave is found within the south of France, it’s not normally information. Rather, it’s an odd occasion. Such discoveries are so frequent
as of late that hardly anyone pays heed to them. However, when the Lascaux cave complicated was found in 1940,
- the world was amazed. Painted immediately on its partitions had been tons of of scenes displaying how folks lived hundreds of years in the past. The scenes present folks searching animals, resembling bison or wild cats. Other photographs depict birds and, most noticeably, horses, which seem in additional than
- 300 wall photographs, by far outnumbering all different animals.
Early artists drawing these animals achieved
a monumental and tough process. They didn’t restrict themselves to the simply accessible partitions however carried their portray supplies to areas that required climbing
- steep partitions or crawling into slender passages within the Lascauxcomplex.
Unfortunately, the work have been uncovered to the harmful motion of water and temperature adjustments, which simply put on the photographs away. Because the Lascaux caves have
- many entrances, air motion has additionally broken the photographs inside.
Although they aren’t out within the open air, the place pure gentle would have destroyed them way back, most of the photographs have deteriorated and are barely recognizable. To stop additional harm, the location was closed to vacationers in 1963, 23 years after it was found.
1. Which title greatest summarizes the primary concept of the passage?
- Wild Animals in Art
- Hidden PrehistoricPaintings
- Exploring CavesRespectfully
- Determining the Age of FrenchCaves
2. In line 3, the phrases ‘pays heed to’ are closest in that means to .
(A)discovers (B) watches (C)notices (D)buys
3. Based on the passage, what might be true in regards to the south of France?
- It is house to
- It has a big quantity ofcaves.
- It is thought for horse-racing occasions.
- It has attracted many famousartists.
4. In line 8, the phrase ‘depict’ is closest in that means to .
(A) present (B)hunt (C) depend (D)draw
- According to the passage, which animals seem most frequently on the cavewalls?
(A)Birds (B)Bison (C)Horses (D) Wildcats
6. In line 12, the phrase ‘They’ refers to .
(A)partitions (B) artists (C)animals (D)supplies
7. Why was portray contained in the Lascaux complicated a tough process?
- It was fully darkish inside.
- The caves had been stuffed with
- Painting supplies had been exhausting to seek out.
- Many portray areas had been tough to succeed in.
8. According to the passage, the entire following have brought about harm to the work EXCEPT .
- temperature adjustments
- air motion
9. What does the passage say occurred on the Lascaux caves in1963?
- Visitors had been prohibited from coming into.
- A brand new lighting system was put in.
- Another half was found.
- A brand new entrance was created.
10. The phrase “accomplished” in line 11means
- tocomplete (B)toachieve (C)to focus on (D) None ofthese
LITERATURE (20 marks)
- Read the extracts given beneath and try ANY TWO of the three given by answering the questions that comply with. (4+4=8)
- I used each approach I knew to beat this worry, however it held me firmly in its grip. Finally, one October, I made a decision to get an teacher and be taught to I went to a pool and practiced 5 days per week, an hour every day.
The teacher put a belt round me. A rope connected to the belt went via a pulley that ran on an overhead cable. He held on to the tip of the rope, and we went forwards and backwards, forwards and backwards throughout the pool, hour after hour, day after day, week after week. On every journey throughout the pool a little bit of the panic seized me. Each time the trainer relaxed his maintain on the rope and I went underneath, a number of the outdated terror returned and my legs froze. It was three months earlier than the stress started to slack. Then he taught me to place my face underneath water and exhale, and to boost my nostril and inhale. I repeated the train tons of of occasions. Bit by bit I shed a part of the panic that seized me when my head went underneath water
i. What was the affect of the pool incident?
- Became assured
- Became overconfident
- Hydrophobia was revived
ii. Douglas needed to repeat exhaling and inhalingexercises
- hundred occasions
- forty occasions
- fifty occasions
- ten occasions
iii. He practised within the pool
- ten occasions per week
- 5 days per week
- twice per week
- thrice per week
iv. How did the trainer make Douglas a very good swimmer?
- With the assistance of ropes
- By pushing him into the pool
- With the assistance of ropes and belts
- Jo was beginning to fuss together with her palms and look out of the window, on the crack of day that confirmed underneath the shade. She thought the story was throughout. Jack didn’t like girls once they took something without any consideration; he preferred them apprehensive, hangingon hiswords.
“Now, Jo, are you listening?” “Yes.”
“Because that is very fascinating. Roger Skunk’s mommy stated, ‘What’s that terrible odor?’
“And, Roger Skunk said, ‘It’s me, Mommy. I smell like roses.’ And she said, ‘Who made you smell like that?’ And he said, ‘The wizard,’ and she said, ‘Well, of allthe nerve. You come with me and we’re going right back to that very awful wizard.”
i. Choose the choice that greatest demonstrates the related traits of Jo and Jack respectively, primarily based on the extract offered.
- curious and irritable
- affected person and irritable
- curious and torpid
- affected person and torpid
ii. Jo’s “Wha-at?” indicated what she was feeling. Pick the choice that accurately states these emotions.
- 1 and3
- 2 and4
- 3 and6
- 4 and5
iv. Mommy says, ‘Well, of all of the nerve.” This reveals her
- approval, shock andpleasure.
- pleasure, hope and approval.
- betrayal, disapproval and damage.
- shock, anger and disapproval.
- Food is extra necessary for survival than an identification. “If at the end of the day we can feed our families and go to bed without an aching stomach, we would rather live here than in the fields that gave us no grain,” say a gaggle of ladies in tattered saris once I ask them why they left their stunning land of inexperienced fields and rivers. Wherever they discover meals, they pitch their tents that turn out to be transit properties. Children develop up in them, turning into companions in And survival in Seemapuri means rag-picking. Through the years, it has acquired the proportions of a high-quality artwork. Garbage to them is gold. It is their each day bread, a roof over their heads, even when it’s a leaking roof. But for a kid it’s much more.
- “Food is more important for survival than an identity.” What does identification imply within the line?
- Identity as a citizen of India
- Identity as a international citizen
- Identity as a Bangladeshi
- None of the above
ii. The phrase ‘transit homes’ seek advice from the dwellings of
- dwellers ofSeemapuri
- dwellers ofBangladesh
- the slum dwellers
- not one of the above
iii. Identify the determine of speech used within the sentence “Garbage to them is gold”.
iv. What does ‘acquired the proportions of a high-quality artwork imply?
- Rag-picking has regained its misplaced
- A phase of rag-pickers are expert in high-quality
- Rag-picking has attained the place of a ability.
- Only a number of individuals are consultants in rag-picking.
4. ReadtheextractsgivenbelowandattemptANYONEofthetwogivenbyansweringthe questions that comply with.
- “and realised with ache that she was as outdated as she regarded however quickly
put that thought away, and regarded out at Young
Trees sprinting, the merry kids spilling out of their properties,”
- quick quick race
- rowing a ship
- taking part in tips
- operating round bushes
ii) The theme of the poemis
- separation from mates
- separation from family members
- worry of separation from the mom
- love and hatred
iii) ‘Trees sprinting’ and ‘merry children spilling’ is an try by the poet to create
- visible imagery
iv) Kamala Das has efficiently drawn comparisons between the
- kids and her mom
- father and mom
- uncle and aunt
- nephew and niece
On bitter cream partitions, donations. Shakespeare’s head, Cloudless at daybreak, civilised dome driving all cities.
Belled, flowery, Tyrolese valley.
Open-handed map Awarding the world its world.
And but, for these Children, these home windows, not this map, their world, Where all their future’s painted with a fog,
- What does the colour of the classroom partitions level out?
- glad and poor state
- glad and wealthy state
- factors out poor situation of the classroom
ii) The map of the world within the classroom symbolizes
- hopes and aspirations of
- journey plans of the college authorities.
- a world that’s unconnected to the youngsters.
- Interconnectivity throughout the world.
iii) What does the expression ‘Open handed map”present?
- energy of the poor
- the poor are highly effective
- the poor are powerless
- maps are drawn on the orders of the highly effective folks
- In the extract, ‘future’s painted with a fog’ means that the
- classroom is as foggy because the paint on the partitions.
- stunning valleys should not part of the youngsters’s future.
- life forward for the slum kids is as unclear and hazy as fog.
- fog usually finds itself within the school rooms via damaged home windows.
5. Attempt ANY EIGHT questions from the ten given beneath. (1x 8 =8)
- What does the trumpets of the Prussians indicate in “The LastLesson”?
- Igniting patrioticfervour
- Playing the band to cut back warstress
- People of Alsace are nowenslaved
- Prussians cheering up the victory overFrance
ii. Rajkumar Shukla’s efforts resulted in Gandhi’s combat for the farmer’s trigger. This showcases that hewas
- meticulous andkind.
- honest andcurious.
- enterprising andpersistent.
- respectful andcongenial
iii. Fishermen not harming whales’means
- not inflicting extinction ofwhales
- not disturbing stability innature
- not going forfishing
- not disturbing thesea
iv. ‘inhuman dearth’ in accordance with the poet, is a referenceto
- lack or scarcity of magnificence
- lack of vitality
- lack or scarcity of human beings with good values
- lack of sources
v. Why did aunt embroider tigers on the panel?
- to precise her suppressed emotions
- to precise her strengths
- to precise her combating spirit of a warrior
- All these
vi. They are symbolic of the enjoyment, and the brightness of life which these childrenare deprivedof
- elementary college
- ships, solar and love
vii. What was stopping Douglas to get into the waters ofCascade?
- Memories of Washington
- Memories of California
- Instructions given by the trainer
- Memories stuffed with terror within the pool
viii. Why did the Peddler really feel that he had fallen into the Rat entice?
- Because he fell right into a pit
- Because he fell in love with Edla
- Because his coronary heart is modified
- Because of his grasping motion and pitiable circumstances
ix. How is Mukesh’s perspective totally different from that of his household?
- Being daring, agency and clear
- Being a fighter
- Being a coward
- Not clear
x. Why has the mom been in comparison with the late winter’s moon?
- To seek advice from her pale and wan look.
- To emphasize that the mom is inching near loss of life
- To emphasize that the mom is outdated on the age of66.
- None of those.
Writing – 16 marks
Q6. Attempt Any One of the next: (3)
While strolling in a park in your neighbourhood you discovered a small plastic bag containing some paperwork and a few money. Write a discover in about 50 phrases to be placed on the park noticeboard asking the proprietor to determine and acquire it from you. You are Amar/Amrita 9399123456
You need to promote your five-year-old Maruti Wagon R automotive. Draft an appropriate commercial in about 50 phrases to be printed within the ‘For sale’ columns of The Times of India.
Q7. Attempt any one of many following: (3)
The Head Girl of St John’s School, Jammu, invited Sh. Haji Nisar Ahmed, Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, to be the Chief Guest on the event of the Annual Day Celebrations of the college. On behalf of the Minister draft a reply accepting the invitation. Do not exceed 50 phrases.
You are Sajjan Raj, s/o Sh. Dharam Raj of Greater Kailash, New Delhi. Your father desires you to draft a proper invitation to be despatched on the event of your sister, Anita Raj’s marriage.
Prepare the invitation.
Q8. Attempt any one of many following: (5)
The world had seen an unanticipated dependence of expertise through the Covid 19 occasions. The total human exercise would have come to a standstill, because of expertise that the present went on. Keeping in view the position performed by expertise through the unprecedented occasions write an article on “Role of Technology in 21st Century” on your School journal. You are Akshara/ Akshar Bhardwaj.
Thousands of migrant employees left the cities to move for his or her hometowns on foot. On the best way they suffered many difficulties. ‘Care for All’ an NGO had arrange a camp close to your metropolis for the migrant employees, to assist them with varied amenities like meals, shelter, medical amenities and many others.
The camp sheltered round two thousand employees. You visited the camp, as Abhay/ Abhilasha, TOI Correspondent, write a report of your go to.
Q9. Attempt Any One ofthefollowing: (5)
You are Aniket / Ankita Shukla of B 4, Safgarjung Enclave, New Delhi. You have lately come throughout the next commercial in The Times of India.
Draft an software in response to the commercial giving your detailed resume.
Due to pandemic, there had been a dramatic lower in human exercise leading to slowdown of commercial emissions, street site visitors and tourism. This restricted human interplay had gave the impression to be a blessing for nature and surroundings. The end result was enchancment of air and water high quality, thriving of wildlife, the character gave the impression to be respiration afresh. Man has brought about immense harm to the planet. Write a letter to the editor of The New Times, voicing your concern on the problem and suggesting some measures to enhance the state of affairs. You are Aarohi / Aarya of B1, Vijeta Enclave, Meerut.
LITERATURE (24 marks)
10. Attempt ANY FIVE out of the six questions given beneath in 30-40 wordseach.(2×5=10)
- Why did Gandhiji chide the legal professionals of Muzzafarpur?(Indigo)
- Why did the peddler derive pleasure from his concept of the world as a rattrap?(The
- How does the creator describe Seemapuri? (LostSpring)
- Describe the looks of the massive boy who tossed the creator into the pool?(Deep water)
- For Aunt Jennifer what do the tigers symbolise? (Aunt Jennifer’sTigers)
- What are the totally different sorts of wars talked about within the poem? What is Neruda’s perspective in the direction of these wars? (KeepingQuiet)
- “The modern world is full of insecurity, fear, war, worry and stress”. What are the methods through which we try to beat them? (The third degree)
- Why do you suppose the General spared the American soldier?(Enemy)
- How, in accordance with MrLamb, can one overcome of sense of damage or humiliation brought on by remarks at one’s bodily incapacity? (On the face of it)
12. Attempt ANY ONE of the next questions in120-150words (1×5=5)
The story Deep Water talks about Douglas’ makes an attempt to beat his worry of water. The story may also be seen as a figurative manifestation of life’s many challenges.
Elaborate close to the textual content.
The ban on educating French strengthened the resolve of the Frenchmen to be taught their language. Give proof from the textual content to show/disapprove the above assertion.(The Last Lesson)
13. Attempt ANY ONE out of the next questions in120-150words. (1×5=5)
With respect to the occasions within the story, ‘Should Wizard Hit Mommy’, who would you support- Wizard or Mommy? Justify your alternative.
Givean account oftheblunderscommittedbytheprisonauthoritieswhichhelpedEvans in escaping from the jail. (Evans tries an olevel)