The COVID-19 lockdown opened new realms of on-line learning for all students, particularly the younger learners, and has undoubtedly turn into the spine of training now. This spurt within the on-line training highlighted the necessity for holistic learning administration platforms which not solely allow and assist training continuity, but in addition enhance the learning outcome for the school students.
In this context, we spoke to Satish Jha, Chairman, Edufront about how the corporate is strengthening the net learning for school students; and most significantly, its advantages for all stakeholders. Excerpts from the interview:
1. Edufront comes throughout as a robust intervention instrument for each academics and students to establish learning areas through customised assessments primarily based on knowledge. What are its three salient options?
Satish Jha: The three core characteristic areas of Edufront are as follows:
- We make your complete curriculum – whether or not NCERT, IB, or a bespoke method – out there remotely and in-classroom to all of your academics and students by our participating animated movies.
- Our administrative options, reminiscent of automated digital calendars, timetables, and recordkeeping instruments, ease the paperwork burdens of each academics and directors.
- Our library of automated digital assessments for normal faculties makes testing and grading a breeze.
2. How has Edufront’s relevance and acceptability gone up within the present pandemic instances? Are there any new options which were launched for this pandemic time?
Satish Jha: Edufront’s software program is completely suited to each totally distant and hybrid eventualities, so our software program can enable academics each to lecture and distribute classes whether or not the students are in school or at residence. Similarly, we facilitate assessments that may simply be taken at residence, as many should throughout the restrictions induced by the lockdown.
The main characteristic we now have added throughout the pandemic are the flexibility to livestream and file lectures for the long run use of students.
3. How is Edufront totally different from different gamers in the identical phase?
Satish Jha: We are the one firm providing personalised learning, distant educating, school and time administration instruments, in addition to automated grading and evaluation instruments in a single product.
Our product has additionally been optimised to be usable even in faculties which have little to no web entry, and has been designed with simplicity in thoughts, so even students and academics with out expertise utilizing expertise can use it simply.
4. Why does the Indian digital training ecosystem want Edufront now?
Satish Jha: The pandemic has pressured everybody to see the worth of distant learning. However, profitable adoption of technological instruments within the classroom requires rather more than a instructor talking over Zoom. It requires making a hybrid ecosystem during which the students and academics use the functions and content material as seamless extensions of their minds. This means the appliance needs to be designed and optimised with the perspective of an Indian little one – who could stay in a Tier 3 metropolis or a hamlet of 100 individuals – in thoughts.
While many firms exist in India’s digital training area, and lots of have carried out nice good, none of them have spoken to the core downside of utilizing expertise to raise our system of training for all students, regardless of background and circumstance.
5. Interestingly, you might be launching quiz and a coding contest for school students on TechGig beneath the Edufront CodeFest porgram? Why do you suppose it is an apt time to have interaction with students and faculties within the current time?
Satish Jha: Our mission is to assist the Indian training system – and the students served by it – fulfil their potential.
Pursuant to that finish, a coding contest is a terrific entrée into pc science and software program engineering. These are fields which, by combining ideas of language building with arithmetic each elementary and sophisticated, epitomises humanity’s best mental and industrial achievements. If this quiz and contest can assist a single scholar interact extra deeply with these topics, we now have achieved one thing of significance.
6. You have packaged the 2 most fascinating methods of learning for students in a single contest. What are the primary takeaways for students from this initiative?
Satish Jha: I hope students come away with an appreciation for the magnificence of pc science as a discipline, and of the worth of learning generally, but in addition of the chances of expertise to reinforce learning.
Recent epochal enhancements in computing energy and bandwidth allowed kids to entry the world in a completely new means. If info on practically any topic is simply out there, every little one can work together with the knowledge on their very own phrases; the world itself can turn into their school.