33 C
Mumbai
Sunday, January 24, 2021
Home Sports India vs Australia: Five Indian gamers, including Rohit, in isolation; investigation into...

India vs Australia: Five Indian gamers, including Rohit, in isolation; investigation into possible breach of COVID protocol, says Cricket Australia | Cricket News – Times of India

MELBOURNE: Five India Test gamers, including vice-captain Rohit Sharma, opener Shubman Gill and wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant, have been positioned in isolation and an investigation launched into a possible breach of the COVID-19 bio-safety protocol by them, Cricket Australia stated on Saturday.
This was after a fan put out a video of the gamers consuming at an indoor restaurant on Twitter on Friday. He claimed to have been seated near them and likewise talked about getting a hug from Pant after he paid for the gamers’ meal. He later retracted the declare concerning the hug after it raised severe questions on a breach of protocol.
The BCCI brass had initially dominated out any investigation after experiences of possible breach first appeared in the media right here, however Cricket Australia’s late assertion stated a joint probe is on and the 5 have been remoted from the crew.

“The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and Cricket Australia (CA) had been at this time alerted to a video submit on social media that purported to indicate Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, Shubman Gill, Prithvi Shaw and Navdeep Saini consuming at an indoor venue in Melbourne on New Year’s Day,” CA stated in a press release.
India and Australia are engaged in a four-Test collection proper now and the third match is because of begin on January 7 in Sydney.
As per protocol, gamers are allowed to eat out in out of doors settings, following social distancing norms.
“The BCCI and CA are investigating the matter and seeking to determine whether the outing constitutes a breach of bio-security protocols.”

India vs Australia: Five Indian gamers, including Rohit, in isolation; investigation into possible breach of COVID protocol, says Cricket Australia | Cricket News - Times of India

The isolation protocols had been put in place after consulting with medical groups.
“…on the advice of the Australian and Indian medical teams, the aforementioned players have been placed in isolation as a precaution.
“This will embrace separating the group of gamers from the broader Indian and Australian squads when travelling and on the coaching venue,” CA further stated.
However, the players will be permitted to train in accordance with the protocols that have been put in place.
It is understood that as per bio-security protocols provided by Cricket Australia, players were told not to have meals at indoor restaurants. They are supposed to not avail any public transport but allowed a walk around the cities where they are playing.

India vs Australia: Five Indian gamers, including Rohit, in isolation; investigation into possible breach of COVID protocol, says Cricket Australia | Cricket News - Times of India

Questions are now being raised as to whether the administrative manager and the cricket operations point person, who are looking after all the modalities, were aware about the players’ movement and made them aware about the specific rules for dining out.
Rohit had recently completed 14 days of hard quarantine in Sydney and started training in Melbourne only a couple of days back.
Earlier, a senior Indian cricket board official told PTI that the visiting contingent is “properly conscious” of the COVID-19 protocols and had not violated any of them.
“No, there was no breach in bio-safety protocols. Everyone related to the Indian crew is properly conscious of the protocols,” the senior BCCI official had said in the morning.
“We can solely time period it as a malicious spin by a bit of Australian media and this has began after their humiliating defeat,” he added.
India crushed Australia by eight wickets in the second Test in Melbourne, making an unimaginable comeback days after the debacle in the 4-match collection opener in Adelaide.
The bio-safety bubbles have been put in place to make sure that the gamers usually are not affected by the COVID-19 pandemic that has gripped the world for months now, with elements of Australia reporting recent outbreaks in latest occasions.
This had additionally put the long run of the third Test in Sydney in doubt earlier than CA clarified that it will not be shifted to Melbourne.
The match will start on January 7 and the 2 groups will arrive in Sydney a pair of days earlier than the scheduled begin.

Source link

Most Popular

EnglishGujaratiHindiMarathiUrdu