Latest technology 2020
(Adds futures, information gadgets)
Aug 24 (Reuters) – Britain’s FTSE 100 index is seen opening 25 factors greater at 6,027 on Monday, in accordance to monetary bookmakers, with futures up 0.8% forward of money market open.
* PEARSON: (*24*) schooling writer Pearson has appointed Andy Bird, a media veteran who ran the worldwide arm of The Walt Disney Company, as its new chief govt to see it by the most recent bout of turbulence to hit the corporate.
* J D WETHERSPOON: British pubs operator J D Wetherspoon Plc mentioned it anticipated to incur an annual loss as its pubs had been shut in the course of the coronavirus lockdown and it was wanting to focus on waivers for the present fiscal yr with its lenders in the end.
* BUNZL: Bunzl Plc resumed dividends and reported a 16.6% rise in first-half revenue, bolstered by sturdy demand for facemasks, gloves in addition to meals packaging for the grocery sector.
* RIO: Rio Tinto mentioned it is going to reduce the quick-time period bonuses of some senior executives however stopped wanting management overhaul following overview of the corporate’s destruction of two historical caves in Australia.
* OIL FIRMS: BP, Shell and Chevron Corp mentioned on Friday they’d begun evacuating offshore oil amenities, with two tropical cyclones heading towards the U.S Gulf of Mexico because the already lively 2020 Atlantic hurricane season heats up additional
* FB/TAX: British finance minister Rishi Sunak plans to drop a tax on technology firms resembling Facebook and Google as a result of it doesn’t elevate a lot cash and will harm a push for a U.S. commerce deal, the Mail on Sunday newspaper mentioned.
* GOLD: Gold costs fell as threat sentiment improved after the U.S. drug regulator authorised using blood plasma from recovered COVID-19 sufferers as a therapy possibility.
* OIL: Crude oil costs remained regular as storms closed in on the Gulf of Mexico, shutting greater than half the area’s oil manufacturing.
* The British bluechip index ended decrease on Friday and broader shares misplaced for the week amid new concern over whether or not Britain may keep away from a tough exit from the European Union by the yr-finish.
* For extra on the elements affecting European shares, please click on on:
TODAY’S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other enterprise headlines (Reporting by Aakash Jagadeesh Babu in Bengaluru; Editing by Uttaresh.V and Shailesh Kuber)