Economic Times | 21 Aug, 2020 | 12.04AM IST
Total variety of COVID-19 cases rises to six,43,289 within the state, which incorporates 4,59,124 recovered cases, 1,62,491 lively cases & 21,359 deaths until date.
!1 New UpdateClick right here for contemporary updates
Wrap Up: All it’s essential know in regards to the outbreak at the moment
- 1,968 new COVID19 cases & 9 deaths reported in Kerala at the moment
- Airbnb bans home events worldwide, citing virus mandates
- 5,986 new COVID19 cases, 5,742 recoveries & 116 deaths reported at the moment
- 1,968 new COVID-19 cases & 9 deaths reported in Kerala at the moment
- Manipur reports 49 new COVID19 cases, together with 9 Central Armed Police Forces personnel
- 683 new COVID-19 cases reported from Jammu and Kashmir at the moment
- 411 new COVID-19 cases reported in Uttarakhand at the moment, 301 sufferers handled/cured
- 7,385 new COVID-19 cases, 6,231 recovered cases & 102 deaths reported in Karnataka
- 350 new COVID-19 optimistic cases and 161 recovered cases reported in Goa at the moment
- 7,385 new COVID19 cases, 6,231 recovered cases & 102 deaths reported in Karnataka
- 14,492 new COVID-19 cases, 12,243 recoveries & 326 deaths reported in Maharashtra
- 996 new COVID-19 cases, 737 cured cases & 11 deaths reported at the moment in Haryana
- 1,142 new COVID-19 cases, 1065 recovered cases and 12 deaths reported in MP
- 1,275 new COVID-19 cases, 976 recoveries & 46 deaths reported in Mumbai at the moment
- 29 new COVID-19 cases, 39 recoveries reported in Ladakh
- 1330 COVID-19 cases and 11 deaths reported in Rajasthan at the moment
- Gujarat provides document 1,175 new COVID-19 cases; 1,123 get well
- 1,741 new COVID-19 cases reported in Punjab at the moment
- Jharkhand reports 517 new COVID-19 cases, 754 recoveries and eight deaths
Jharkhand reports 517 new COVID-19 cases, 754 recoveries and eight deaths, taking whole cases to 26,938, together with 17,320 discharges and 286 deaths. Number of lively cases stands at 9,332.
France says variety of confirmed coronavirus cases up by 4,771 in previous 24 hours, in comparison with 3,776 on Wednesday
1,741 new COVID-19 cases reported in Punjab at the moment. Total variety of cases rises to 37,824, together with 13,830 lively cases, 23,037 recovered cases & 957 deaths to this point
Gujarat provides document 1,175 new COVID-19 cases; 1,123 get well
- Gujarat’s tally rose to 83,262 on Thursday
- 16 extra sufferers succumbed to the an infection
- 1,175 new cases emerged within the final 24 hours, the best to this point
1330 COVID-19 cases and 11 deaths reported in Rajasthan at the moment
- 1227 have been recovered and 1127 discharged
- The whole optimistic cases within the state rose to 66,619
- This contains 921 deaths, 51,190 recovered and 50,560 discharged
29 new COVID-19 cases, 39 recoveries reported in Ladakh. Active cases in Ladakh has gone as much as 623: Department of Information & Public relations, Ladakh
1,275 new COVID-19 cases, 976 recoveries & 46 deaths reported in Mumbai at the moment
- Total variety of optimistic cases improve to 1,32,817 in Mumbai
- This contains 18,170 lively cases
- 1,0,7033 recovered cases & 7,311 deaths until date
1,142 new COVID-19 cases, 1065 recovered cases and 12 deaths reported in Madhya Pradesh at the moment
- The whole variety of cases now stands at 49,493
- This contains 10,782 lively cases
- 37,540 recoveries and 1,171 deaths
Total variety of COVID-19 optimistic cases stands at 70,020 in Odisha until date, out of which 48,576 individuals have already recovered whereas there are at present 21,010 lively cases & 380 individuals have died to this point: State Health Department, Odisha
1,968 new COVID-19 cases, 1,217 recoveries & 9 deaths reported at the moment in Kerala
There are 18,123 lively cases, 33,828 recovered cases & 191 deaths to this point within the state
17 new COVID19 optimistic cases, 2342 recovered cases reported in Dharavi space of Mumbai at the moment. Total variety of cases rise to 2697 together with 2342 cured cases and 95 lively cases: Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation
541 individuals have been arrested for deliberate violation of the COVID-19 security restrictions since morning until 1800 hours at the moment. A complete of 18 autos have been seized in the identical interval: Kolkata Police
996 new COVID-19 cases, 737 cured cases & 11 deaths reported at the moment in Haryana
- Total variety of COVID cases stands at 50,926
- Out of those 7,555 are lively cases
- 42,793 are recovered cases & 578 individuals have died to this point
14,492 new COVID-19 cases, 12,243 recoveries & 326 deaths reported in Maharashtra at the moment
Total variety of COVID cases rises to six,43,289 within the state, which incorporates 4,59,124 recovered cases, 1,62,491 lively cases & 21,359 deaths until date: State Health Department, Maharashtra
7,385 new COVID19 cases, 6,231 recovered cases & 102 deaths reported in Karnataka within the final 24 hours. Total variety of optimistic cases stands at 2,56,975 together with 82,149 lively cases, 1,70,381 recovered cases & 4,429 whole deaths until date
350 new COVID-19 optimistic cases and 161 recovered cases reported in Goa at the moment, taking the overall variety of cases within the state to 13,099, together with 3,910 lively cases, 9,063 recovered cases & 126 whole loss of life cases until date.
7,385 new COVID-19 cases, 6,231 recovered cases & 102 deaths reported in Karnataka within the final 24 hours
Total variety of optimistic cases stands at 2,56,975 together with 82,149 lively cases, 1,70,381 recovered cases & 4,429 whole deaths until date
411 new COVID-19 cases reported in Uttarakhand at the moment, 301 sufferers handled/cured
- Total cases within the state rise to 13,636
- This contains 187 deaths and 9433 recovered sufferers.
- Active cases stand at 3966
Bangladesh has dedicated US$ 1.5 million to the fund. Foreign Secy knowledgeable Bangladesh PM Hasina about India’s efforts in the direction of COVID-19 vaccine improvement & distribution. Both sides agreed to proceed their discussions in space of vaccines & therapeutics: Anurag Srivastava, MEA
Bangladesh has dedicated US$ 1.5 million to the fund. Foreign Secy knowledgeable Bangladesh PM Hasina about India’s effo… https://t.co/G8jqllL1xV
— ANI (@ANI) 1597930751000
683 new COVID-19 cases reported from Jammu and Kashmir at the moment
- 114 from Jammu division and 569 from Kashmir division
- This takes the overall variety of cases within the Union Territory to 30,717.
- The loss of life toll is at 578
Airbnb bans home events worldwide, citing virus mandates
Manipur reports 49 new #COVID19 cases, together with 9 Central Armed Police Forces personnel, within the final 24 hours
Total cases now at 4,925, together with 1,905 lively cases and three,002 recoveries. The loss of life toll stands at 18
1,968 new COVID-19 cases & 9 deaths reported in Kerala at the moment. Total COVID cases within the state rise above 52,000, with 18,123 lively cases until date: Pinarayi Vijayan, Kerala CM
Government has determined to shut all entry factors to Meghalaya for one week each month within the subsequent three months, beginning September 2020: Chief Minister Conrad Sangma
5,986 new COVID19 cases, 5,742 recoveries & 116 deaths reported at the moment in Tamil Nadu. The whole tally of COVID cases rises to three,61,435 together with 53,283 lively cases, 3,01,913 recovered cases & 6,239 deaths until date: State Health Department, Tamil Nadu
Airbnb bans home events worldwide, citing virus mandates
The San Francisco-based dwelling sharing firm stated it’s going to restrict occupancy in its rental properties to 16 individuals. It might supply exceptions for boutique accommodations or different occasion venues.
1,968 new COVID19 cases & 9 deaths reported in Kerala at the moment
Total COVID cases within the state rise above 52,000, with 18,123 lively cases until date: Pinarayi Vijayan, Kerala CM
With surge in COVID cases, Punjab imposes each day night time curfew from tomorrow
Amid rising coronavirus cases, Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Thursday ordered a sequence of emergency measures, together with extension of weekend lockdown, with each day night time curfew from 7 pm to five am in all 167 cities and cities within the state from August 21.
Nepal registers 707 new coronavirus cases
Himachal Pradesh COVID-19 optimistic cases tally rises to 4,472 cases within the final 24 hours, together with 1,343 lively cases, 3,066 recoveries and 21 deaths until date: State Health Department, Govt of Himachal Pradesh
Delhi reports 1,215 new COVID-19 optimistic cases, 1,059 discharges/recoveries and 22 deaths.
Total variety of cases now at 1,57,354 together with 1,41,826 recovered cases, 11,271 lively cases & 4,257 deaths
Punjab CM has additionally ordered a complete ban on all gatherings besides weddings & funerals throughout the state until August 31. Government & non-public places of work will work at 50% capability until the tip of this month: Punjab CMO
Punjab CM has additionally ordered a complete ban on all gatherings besides weddings & funerals throughout the state until August 31… https://t.co/vVdeeFkhBF
— ANI (@ANI) 1597925634000
6,010 RTPCR/CBNAAT/TrueNat exams and 10,994 Rapid antigen exams carried out at the moment. So far, 13,75,193 exams have been carried out to this point & Tests Per Million (TPM) stands at 72378.
A complete of 27.7% of the individuals in #Punjab’s containment zones are discovered to be optimistic for Covid antibodies, indicating that they’ve already been contaminated and recovered from the COVID-19: State authorities
1 new COVID-19 case, 18 recovered cases reported in Mizoram at the moment. The whole variety of cases stands at 874, together with 472 lively cases & 402 cured cases within the state until date. There has been zero loss of life within the state to this point: State Health Department, Mizoram
Bihar authorities places a cap on fees of personal hospitals treating COVID-19 sufferers
Bihar authorities places a cap on fees of personal hospitals treating #COVID19 sufferers. Different charges notified a… https://t.co/uIuFe6j1gs
— ANI (@ANI) 1597924066000
GAIL sees fuel gross sales returning to pre-COVID-19 ranges by quarter finish
In order to facilitate civil inhabitants, Indian Army at the moment distributed 350 #COVID19 kits comprising of soaps, face masks & sanitisers for Gujjars & Bakarwals at Kotranka, Khawas, Samote, Budhal, Chasana & Makhidhar areas of Rajouri & Reasi districts in J&Ok: PRO (Defence),Udhampur
In order to facilitate civil inhabitants, Indian Army at the moment distributed 350 #COVID19 kits comprising of soaps, face… https://t.co/dpuRPB0GE0
— ANI (@ANI) 1597921146000
Gajendra Singh Shekhawat hospitalised after testing optimistic for Covid
A document variety of 9,18,470 COVID19 exams carried out in a single day within the final 24 hours. Tests Per Million (TPM) proceed to rise, stand at 23668 at the moment. India’s whole recoveries attain almost 21 lakhs as restoration fee rises to almost 74%: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
25 new COVID19 reported in Nagaland at the moment. State additionally reports 215 recoveries within the final 24 hours: S Pangnyu Phom, Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Govt of Nagaland
Ok Shanmugam, IAS, Chief Secretary, Govt of Tamil Nadu at the moment commissioned Indian Coast Guard ship C-449 in Chennai, following protocols of social distancing because of COVID-19 pandemic: Indian Coast Guard, Ministry of Defence
West Bengal has over 2300 containment zones
- West Bengal has over 2300 containment zones whilst restoration share of Covid-19 sufferers within the state is best than the nationwide fee, acoording to authorities stated.
- The highest variety of containment zones are in Nadia district adopted by East Burdwan and NorthDinajpur districts, as per the state authorities’s web site ‘Egiye Bangla’.
- The whole variety of containment zones in West Bengal is 2304, it stated.
Agra: Cases rise to 2,395
The Taj metropolis has reported 28 new coronavirus cases up to now 24 hours, whilst visitors mobility has elevated following reopening of markets, eating places and gymnasiums.
Delhi points discover for serving of liquor
Delhi Government directs Excise Department to “issue necessary permission for service of liquor in restaurants and… https://t.co/1WYLSihWr8
— ANI (@ANI) 1597914529000
Ukraine reports record rise in virus cases
- Ukraine on Thursday reported a record daily increase in coronavirus infections, exceeding 2,000 new cases for the first time.
- Health authorities recorded 2,134 new infections in the past 24 hours, bringing Ukraine’s total to 98,537.
- Heath Minister Maksym Stepanov told a briefing that there had also been a record death toll of 40 deaths over the past day, taking the total number of fatalities to 2,184.
Pakistan reports 513 new cases of coronavirus
Pakistan has reported 513 new cases of coronavirus, taking the toll tally of infections in the country to 290,958, the health ministry said on Thursday. The Ministry of National Health Services also said the death toll in the country due to coronavirus reached 6,209 after eight patients died due to the infections in the last 24 hours.
49 security personnel among 63 fresh COVID-19 cases in Meghalaya
Sixty-three more people, including 49 security personnel, have tested positive for COVID-19 in Meghalaya, taking the northeastern state’s tally to 1,598, a health official said on Thursday.
Students should not panic as COVID-19 pandemic is temporary
– India’s Ambassador to US Taranjit Singh Sandhu
117 more police personnel found COVID-19 positive & 2 died in the last 24 hours in Maharashtra
117 more police personnel found #COVID19 positive & 2 died in the last 24 hours in Maharashtra. Total number of Cor… https://t.co/ACfrcy3XH1
— ANI (@ANI) 1597910140000
Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat tested positive for COVID-19
Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat announces he is #COVID19 positive, to be admitted to hospital. https://t.co/xhS7KcS4qC
— ANI (@ANI) 1597911026000
To buffer agricultural sector from shock of COVID-19, a special saturation drive is on to provide concessional credit to farmers through Kisan Credit Card (KCC). As on 17 August, 1.22 crore KCCs have been sanctioned with credit limit of Rs.1,02,065 cr: GoI
Himachal Pradesh records 29 new COVID-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours
Himachal Pradesh records 29 new #COVID19 positive cases in the last 24 hours, pushing the state's COVID tally to 4,… https://t.co/73eJ4mSw1z
— ANI (@ANI) 1597906914000
Some severe COVID-19 patients may not develop long-lasting immunity to coronavirus: Study
- High levels of a molecule seen in severe COVID-19 patients may prevent them from developing long-term immunity to the novel coronavirus, according to a study which says such individuals tended to make very few of a type of cells which produced antibodies against the virus.
- Scientists, including those from Harvard University in the US, noted that the release of massive amounts of molecules involved in cell-cell signalling in the body called cytokines can lead to some of the most severe symptoms of COVID-19.
- They said high levels of cytokines increased inflammation, and created a feedback loop in which immune cells produced more of these molecules in a process called a cytokine storm.
- According to the study, published in the journal Cell, cytokine storms may prevent COVID-19 patients from developing long-term immunity since such individuals make very few of the type of B cells which produce antibodies.
Study suggests COVID-19 cannot be transmitted through breast milk
- Answering the critical question of whether COVID-19 can be transmitted through breast milk or not, a recent study suggests that breast milk cannot transmit the virus to the infant.
- The study, which was published in the online edition of JAMA was conducted by the researchers from the University of California San Diego School of Medicine and University of California Los Angeles.
- The study examined 64 samples of breast milk collected by the Mommy’s Milk Human Milk Research Biorepository from 18 women across the United States infected with severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
- Although one sample tested positive for viral RNA, subsequent tests found that the virus was unable to replicate, and thus unable to cause infection in the breastfed infant.
Think tank to suggest ways to Maharashtra govt for revival of economy
- A group of economists and scientists, who recently held a meeting with Maharashtra CM on how to revive the economy hit by COVID-19, will submit a detailed action plan to the state government listing suggestions for accelerating the state’s growth.
- They would provide inputs on what can be done to revive growth in the short, mid and long terms, eminent scientist Dr Raghunath Mashelkar, who is the President of Pune International Centre, a think tank, told media.
- Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar had a detailed virtual meeting on Tuesday with economist Vijay Kelkar, HDFC Chairman Deepak Parekh, former diplomats Vijay Gokhale and Gautam Bambawale, Mashelkar and other members of the Pune International Centre (PIC).
Total of 15,000 people sampled in fresh sero survey to detect antibodies against COVID-19; next exercise from Sep 1
– Delhi Health Minister
Sero-prevalence of antibodies against COVID-19 found in males was 28.3%, in females 32.2% in latest survey
– Delhi Health Minister
Impact of COVID-19 has been past our collective creativeness. Current estimates put the cumulative loss within the vary of $5.8 to $8.8 trillion or approx 6.5 or 9.7% of the worldwide GDP. The contraction of the world economic system being predicted will certainly be largest since nice despair
– S Jaishankar