Prime Minister Narendra Modi stated on Saturday that he had a “productive meeting” along with his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina throughout which they reviewed the complete vary of their strategic bilateral ties and mentioned methods to additional deepen the financial and cultural linkages. Modi, who visited Bangladesh on his first journey to a overseas nation because the COVID-19 outbreak, held intensive talks with Hasina. Both Prime Ministers held a tete-a-tete which was adopted by delegation-level talks.
PM Modi, Sheikh Hasina assembly in Bangladesh | Big points
- “Both the talks were marked by great warmth and cordiality. The two leaders expressed satisfaction at the excellent state of bilateral relations, based on deep historical and fraternal ties, which reflect an all-encompassing bilateral partnership based on equality, trust and understanding that transcends even a strategic partnership,” in keeping with a Joint Statement issued after the assembly.
- “Had a productive assembly with PM Sheikh Hasina. We reviewed the complete vary of India-Bangladesh relations and mentioned methods to deepen financial and cultural linkages within the occasions to return,” Modi tweeted.
- The two sides signed 5 MoUs overlaying areas corresponding to connectivity, commerce, data expertise and sports activities.
- “India and Bangladesh signed MoUs in key sectors corresponding to catastrophe administration, sports activities and youth affairs, commerce, expertise and extra.
- These will add energy to our growth partnership and profit the individuals of our nations, particularly the youth,” Modi stated.
- “The visit symbolised the partnership of half-a-century between India and Bangladesh that has strengthened, matured and evolved as a model for bilateral relations for the entire region,” in keeping with the Joint Statement.
- Ministry of External Affairs Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi stated that the 2 leaders mentioned the progress achieved in areas of well being, commerce, connectivity, power, developmental cooperation and others.
- “Recognising that terrorism remains a threat to global peace and security, both sides reiterated their strong commitment to eliminating terrorism in all its forms and manifestations,” the Joint Statement stated.
ALSO READ | (*5*)
- Modi expressed India’s appreciation for the cooperation prolonged by Bangladesh in safety associated issues.
- He additionally reiterated India’s “sincere and continued efforts” to conclude the Teesta water-sharing settlement in session with related stakeholders.
- “The two leaders directed their respective Ministries of Water Resources to work towards an early conclusion of the Framework of Interim Agreement on sharing of waters of six common rivers, namely, Manu, Muhuri, Khowai, Gumti, Dharla and Dudhkumar,” the joint assertion stated.
- The Indian facet additionally requested for early finalisation of a draft for sharing of water of Feni River pending with the Bangladeshi facet, Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla informed reporters.
- Both leaders emphasised the significance of efficient border administration for making certain a tranquil, steady and crime free border, the assertion stated.
- Modi handed over a representational key of 109 ambulances to his counterpart Hasina. He additionally handed over a representational field as an emblem of India’s reward of 1.2 million COVID vaccine doses to Bangladesh.
- The two leaders additionally collectively inaugurated a number of tasks just about, together with opening three new border haats on India-Bangladesh borders and inaugurating a brand new passenger practice ‘Mitali Express’ connecting Dhaka and New Jalpaiguri on the Indian facet.
- This is the third passenger practice after Maitree Express (Dhaka-Kolkata) and Bandhan Express (Khulna-Kolkata) working between the 2 international locations.
- The different tasks included: basis stone laying of a monument at Bangladesh’s Ashuganj in reminiscence of 1971 martyred Indian troopers; prolonged growth work at Rabindra Bhawan in Kuthibari and floor breaking for Infrastructure Development for Power Evacuation Facilities of Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant.
- The MoUs signed had been on Disaster Management, Resilience and Mitigation; cooperation between Bangladesh National Cadet Corps and National Cadet Corps and institution of a Framework of Cooperation within the Area of Trade Remedial Measures.
- Modi and Hasina additionally launched India-Bangladesh Friendship stamps to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of firm of diplomatic relations.
- Modi’s go to passed off at a time Bangladesh is commemorating Mujib Borsho, the beginning centenary of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and 50 years of the nation’s War of Liberation.
On Friday, Modi attended the celebrations of the golden jubilee of the nation’s independence and the beginning centenary of ‘Bangabandhu’ in Dhaka.
On Saturday, Modi supplied prayers on the Jeshoreshwari Kali temple in Ishwaripur village on Saturday and introduced that India would assemble a group hall-cum cyclone shelter hooked up to the temple. He visited the mausoleum of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and paid floral tributes to him.
Modi additionally supplied prayers at a Matua temple in Orakandi, the birthplace of Hindu mystic determine and Matua group’s non secular guru Harichand Thakur.
Speaking to the Matua group members, he stated each India and Bangladesh need stability, love and peace as an alternative of instability, terror and unrest on the earth. Prime Minister Modi known as on Bangladesh President Md.Abdul Hamid.
PM Modi extends invitation to Hasina to go to India
Modi additionally prolonged an invite to Hasina to go to India in 2022. Modi thanked the individuals of Bangladesh for his or her affection throughout his go to.
“I am sure this visit will lead to further strengthening of bilateral ties between our nations,” the prime minister tweeted.