Ali Abbas Zafar directorial Tandav has been the recent subject of dialogue since its launch on January 15. The web present launched on Amazon Prime Video and had an ensemble star solid together with Saif Ali Khan, Dimple Kapadia, Sunil Grover, Zeeshan Ayyub, Gauhar Khan, and Kritika Kamra amongst others. Soon after the discharge, Tandav confronted a backlash from a sure part of society for frightening communal disharmony over a scene from the primary episode. Not solely this, greater than three FIRs have been registered in opposition to the makers in addition to the star solid for hurting Hindu sentiments.
Other than activists and followers, celebrities like Kangana Ranaut and others have additionally slammed the makers for depicting a Hindi God in a nasty mild. While the dialogue is heating up day-to-day, not know folks know what the Tandav controversy is all about. Here are 10 factors that specify why Saif Ali Khan, Sunil Grover’s web series is creating chaos.
- Tandav scene that triggered bother: A scene in the primary episode of Tandav options actor Mohd. Zeeshan Ayyub performing a university play. The scene exhibits him carrying a pantsuit, holding a ‘damroo’ and saying “What the F***.” Protestors really feel the sequence insults the Hindu deity Shiv which has triggered an outroar.
- On the subsequent day of the discharge of Tandav, viewers took to Twitter to demand a ban on the series. ‘#BanTandavNow’ began trending on Twitter.
- Soon after the backlash, the Information and Broadcasting Ministry issued a discover to Amazon Prime, looking for its response to the complaints in opposition to the web series.
- A legal grievance has been filed earlier than a Delhi courtroom looking for motion in opposition to OTT platform Amazon Prime and the makers of the web series together with Ali Abbas Zafar (director), Aparna Purohit (head, India Amazon authentic contents), Himanshu Krishna Mehra (producer), Gaurav Solanki (author), Saif Ali Khan (actor), Mohd Zeeshan Ayyub (actor) and Gauhar Khan (actor) as accused.
- The grievance filed below Section 200 of the CrPC seeks summoning, commencing trial and punishing the accused individuals alleging that the web series is frightening communal disharmony and is hurting the feelings of Hindus.
- Ali Abbas Zafar then issued an apology on behalf of the solid and crew saying they didn’t intend to offend anybody or insult any faith and political celebration. In the assertion, Ali shared that they’ve been intently monitoring the row, and confused that the series is a whole work of fiction.
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) January 19, 2021
We simply need to share a fast replace with all people. We are in additional engagement with the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting to resolve the issues which were raised. We worth your continued endurance and assist, and will have an answer shortly. https://t.co/Yp8kogTlvs
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) January 18, 2021
- Many political leaders together with Mayawati, Kapil Mishra and others additionally condemned the present for ‘insulting Hindu god.’ Many additionally known as it “anti-dalit and full of communal hatred against Hindus.” They sought a ban on the series immediately.
- Tandav makers say they’ll make adjustments to the web series following the controversy. “The cast & crew of ‘Tandav’ have made the decision to implement changes to the web series to address the concerns raised towards the same,” the assertion learn.
- At least three FIRs have been registered in Uttar Pradesh in opposition to the makers and artists of Tandav because of which UP Police has reached Mumbai to query them. According to the FIR filed in Rabupura, the makers have been booked below the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, in line with information company PTI.
- Also, Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Hindu Jangran Manch activists have lodged a powerful protest in opposition to Tandav makers and actors demanding a case to be registered below the stringent National Security Act (NSA).