The Maha Vikas Aghadhi (MVA) authorities in Maharashtra led by Shiv Sena, NCP and Congress, on Wednesday transferred Mumbai’s Police Commissioner Parambir Singh and appointed Hemant Nagrale (IPS) because the new Commissioner of Mumbai Police, Home Minister Anil Deshmukh knowledgeable. Param Bir Singh has now been posted as DG Home Guard.
Who is Hemant Nagrale, the new Mumbai Police Commissioner
- Senior IPS officer Hemant Nagrale, holding extra cost of Maharashtra Director General of Police (DGP), would be the new Mumbai Police Commissioner and exchange Singh, who has been posted to the state Home Guard, state Home Minister Anil Deshmukh stated.
- Hemant Nagrale is a 1987 batch Maharashtra cadre IPS officer.
- Nagrale accomplished education until class 6 in ZP School at Bhadravati, District Chandrapur. Later he attended education at Patwardhan High School in Nagpur.
- Hemant Nagrale is a graduate in BE (Mechanical). He accomplished Post Graduation from BRCE Nagpur (now VNIT) in Master of Finance Management (JBIMS, Mumbai).
Hemant Nagarle has been honoured with following medals in his profession thus far
- President’s Police Medal
- Vishesh Seva Padak
- Internal safety plant
Brief achievements of Hemant Nagrale
- Hemant Nagrale labored as ASP Rajura in Naxalite affected Chandrapur district throughout years of his tenure (1989-92).
- In Solapur, as DCP (1992-94), Nagrale was instrumental within the building of a new Commissionerate at Solapur. He efficiently managed the Babri Masjid communal riots in Solapur metropolis in 1992.
- During his tenure as SP, Ratnagiri District (1994–1996), he dealt with the land acquisition drawback associated to Enron/ Dabol Power Corporation with skilled dexterity.
- As SP, CID, Crime (1996–1998), Nagrale investigated the MPSC paper leak case, which had unfold throughout many elements of Maharashtra.
- Hemant Nagrale went on deputation to CBI (March1998 – September 2002) and was posted as SP BSFC, CBI, Mumbai and later as DIG, CBI, New Delhi.
- He investigated and accomplished quite a few circumstances, such because the Ketan Parekh rip-off, the Madhopura Co-op financial institution rip-off (Rs 800 crore) and the Harshad Mehta 2001 (Rs 400 crore) Rs 30 crore financial institution rip-off.
- On promotion, Nagrale was posted as Special IGP and Director at MSEDCL (playing 2008-August 2010). His tenure results in higher enforcement and a 25 per cent enhance in firm income by lowering higher electrical energy enforcement issues.
- Nagrale has witnessed probably the most horrific terrorist assault in Mumbai on 26 November 2008.
Soon after taking cost as Commissioner of Mumbai Police, Nagrale stated, “at present, the Mumbai Police is undergoing turmoil due to some bad instances that have occurred. I won’t comment on the ongoing investigation. We will regain the glory and pride of Mumbai Police.”
“We will act as per law and I will instruct all officers that they should perform their duties by the law,” he stated whereas talking to reporters.
Parambir transferred amid Ambani’s bomb scare case
- The Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) governments transfer comes within the wake of a collection of conferences among the many ruling Shiv Sena-NCP-Congress alliance leaders.
- Waze is on the focus of a probe by the National Investigating Agency in a case associated to the restoration of an SUV with explosives close to Ambani’s home in Mumbai.
- Mumbai police officer Waze, arrested within the case on March 13 for his alleged position within the crime, was connected to the Crime Intelligence Unit (CIU) of metropolis police’s crime department until lately. He was suspended after NIA arrested him within the case.
- The newest growth follows Monday’s talks between Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray and NCP chief Sharad Pawar, amid studies that Waze had stage-managed the bomb scare on the directions of Singh.
- The NIA staff recovered some “incriminating” paperwork and digital proof equivalent to laptop computer, iPad and cellphones from Waze’s workplace, an official of the company stated on Tuesday.
- A black Mercedes automotive, being utilized by Waze, was additionally seized from a parking zone close to the CSMT station, and Rs 5 lakh in money, a note-counting machine, two quantity plates and a few garments have been recovered from it, the official added.